March 19, 2008

Birthdays, Haircuts, and More

Hey Everyone,

Sorry it has been so long since our last post. We have been pretty busy in the last month or so. Candice has quit Pier 1 and is now working 2-3 days a week at Stride Rite at Carolina Place Mall. She still gets to spend her days with her baby. She will tell you it is exhausting keeping up with Carter, but I know she loves it.

Candice had her birthday on March 3 (I won't tell you which birthday). We went to Grandma Medlin's house for lunch. It was delicious as usual.

Everyone remember that Carter's birthday is coming up on April 21. I can't believe that he is almost 1 year old already. It seems like only 3 months ago that we brought him home. Candice will be sending out invitations for his birthday party in the next couple of weeks.

Carter is becoming more independent every day. Candice tried to let him feed himself and a total mess ensued. He is starting to eat some table foods. His favorites are Goldfish and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. He is getting into everything. He has figured out how to open drawers, open cabinets, and climb up on things. In fact, he has figured out how to stand in his high chair. That about gave Candice a heart attack. I know every parent says it, but Carter is too clever for his own good.

We gave Carter his first haircut last night, and he HATED it. But, he does look much better. We used Jared's clippers to trim it up and, Carter was terrified. I will try and post a video later so you all can see it.

No comments: